Europe For The Senses

Author/Photographer Vicki Liston blogs on her book and some interesting places she's traveled. "Europe for the Senses - A Photographic Journal" was published under the name 'Vicki Landes'.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

Can you believe that it's 2007 already?? I'm still in shock but my entire world's currently a bit upside down right now anyway. We've moved back to the states...and I'm already missing Germany. I can't complain, though - the Army's allowed us to stay overseas for seven years, which is incredibly long for a military tour. I went from 'never traveled' to 'can't get enough', visited a whopping 45 countries throughout Europe and Africa, and published a book. Of course, I don't plan on staying stateside for long...Rob's here for a normal three-year tour but I'm already planning vacations back! :)

So, now's the time of year when everyone's working hard to keep their New Year's resolutions. What's on your list? Normally, I make a list of about 20...with the crazy notion that I can actually keep them all. Stringent things, like "I will practice the piano at least once a week for at least an hour" (I've slacked off since my college days of practicing every night for an hour or two...). No, this year my resolutions amount to only a small handful and are much more flexible (or at least more loosely defined):

* Work out more (see, 'more' would be anything above 'once every couple of months', which is where I am right now)
* Write more (which *should* be easy as I'm waiting for the Army to find me a new job...although being crammed in this one-room hotel room for over two weeks with a 7-year-old with cabin fever and a husband who hasn't had 100 channels of cable in seven years isn't helping...)
* Work on my second book (I'll let you know more about that as it progresses!)

That's it! That's all I'm holding myself to this year. So even though I'm back in the states, I'll still be working on new articles on European travel. If you don't get my weekly newsletter, send me an email at vicki(at)EuropeForTheSenses.com to be added to the distro list!

Have a great 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home